Class Rep Roles and Responsibilities
The Master of Information Student Council (MISC) is reviving the role of class representatives.
- The class rep will be responsible for making brief announcements and will serve as a point of contact between students and MISC;
- Representatives will gain access to information on MISC’s activities, resources and networks, and will be asked to share these with their classes and fellow students;
- The representative may be any student enrolled in the Master of Information program full-time or part-time (CRO’s are not eligible);
- Becoming a class rep is an opportunity to demonstrate leadership and soft-skills to prospective employers;
- Ideally, the class representative will not already hold a position on council, but this is not a requirement;
- The class rep program is NOT a tool for course or instructor evaluation and such feedback will be directed towards the proper channels – one function of the program is to connect students with existing resources.
Once a student is selected, they should get in touch with MISC via email at email@example.com