Case Study: Decision Premises and Decision Routines
FI Admissions ApplicationReview the process for application to the MI program at the Faculty of Information as decscribed on the Admissions web page. Pay special attention to:
- Academic requirements
- Application documentation
- SGS Admissions Application (see the FAQ).
In small groups, discuss the following:
- What information about the applicant is being collected?
What do they indicate about the decision premises (i.e. value and factual premises) guiding the admissions application process?
- Do you see principles of the Bounded Rationality model influencing the admissions application process?
Do you see examples of "satisficing," simplified search, or "performance program" at work?
- Suggest improvements to the FI admissions application process.