Process Model Case:Read the following case, and use the Process Model to
New Jets for A Regional Airline
- identify main phases, routines, and dynamic factors;
- plot the events and actions in a Process Model figure as suggested by Mintzberg et al.
Case outline narrative
- A regional airline, having expanded into charter service, was forced to consider the acquisition of jet aircraft.
- Search was conducted, and a choice was made.
- But the board, out of concern over the choice made, brought in a new chief executive.
- He quickly cancelled the contract, and began active search again.
- At the same time, he was approached by salesmen. A number of alternatives were rejected.
- The remaining alternatives were investigated more intensively for performance and possible financing, and negotiations for financing now began.
- Suddenly, a foreign airline went into receivership, and two used aircraft of the desired type became available at a good price with attractive financing.
- The president acted quickly to purchase these aircraft.
SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION SOLUTION
(Mintzberg, Raisinghani and Theoret, 1976)