INF 2149 Administrative Decision Making in Information Organizations
2019 Fall Term
Instructor: Chun Wei Choo
Site URL: http://uoft.me/INF2149
Please see and consider the note-taking request from Accessibility Services.
Students are welcome to use the course wiki to recommend articles, books, videos, etc., that are relevant to our course.
Chun Wei's office hours are Wednesdays, 3.30 - 4.30pm in Room 628. Other times available by appointment.
Please check this site regularly for important announcements and updates.
- Course Description
- Course Schedule and Lecture Slides
- COURSE WIKI: Case analysis worksheets; group project pages
- Lecture Slides (PDFs in Course Schedule page)
- Assignment 1: Essay on Organizational Decision Making
- Assignment 2: Case Analysis and Presentation
- Course Map
The following figure represents the four main modes of organizational decision making that we will analyze in this course.
A selection of resources on decision making
- Decision Support and Business Intelligence Systems, Web-based resources accompanying the 2015 text (10th edition) by Efraim Turban, Ramesh Sharda, Dursun Delen.
- Decision Support Systems Resources Page, part of the ISWorld Net collection of resources.
- Rational Choice Theory. Organizational decision making theory is based, to varying degrees, on rational choice making as some kind of a benchmark. The assumptions of Rational Choice Theory are enumerated here.
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
An "interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the study of normative, descriptive, and prescriptive theories of decision." Contains a page pointing to related resources.
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes Journal