INF 2149 Administrative Decision Making in Information Organizations
2018 Fall Term
Instructor: Chun Wei Choo
Site URL: http://uoft.me/INF2149
Assignment 2 update: Students work in groups of four (not 3) to complete this assignment. Sign-up page in the course wiki is available from end of Oct 1 class.
The MISC is reviving the class representative program. MISC explains the roles of a class rep here. Please consider volunteering.
CW's office hours this term are Mondays 3.30 - 4.30pm, BL628. Other times available by appointment
- Course Description
- Course Schedule and Lecture Slides
- COURSE WIKI: Case analysis worksheets; project sign up; group project pages
- Lecture Slides (PDFs in Course Schedule page)
- Assignment 1: Essay on Organizational Decision Making
- Assignment 2: Case Analysis and Presentation
- Course Map
The following figure represents the four main modes of organizational decision making that we will analyze in this course.
A selection of resources on decision making
- Decision Support and Business Intelligence Systems, Web-based resources accompanying the 2015 text (10th edition) by Efraim Turban, Ramesh Sharda, Dursun Delen.
- Decision Support Systems Resources Page, part of the ISWorld Net collection of resources.
- Rational Choice Theory. Organizational decision making theory is based, to varying degrees, on rational choice making as some kind of a benchmark. The assumptions of Rational Choice Theory are enumerated here.
- Society for Judgment and Decision Making
An "interdisciplinary organization dedicated to the study of normative, descriptive, and prescriptive theories of decision." Contains a page pointing to related resources.
- Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes Journal