INF 1230 Management of Information Organizations
2018 Winter Term
Instructor: Chun Wei Choo
Site address: uoft.me/inf1230
We are delighted to annouce that Dr. Rafael Gomez, Director of the Center for Industrial Relations and Human Resources in the University of Toronto, will be speaking to us in the class on Employment Relations (March 19).
We are pleased to announce that Joel Alleyne will be presenting the class on Financial Management (March 12).
Christie has added some important notes on Assignment 1, please review the notes here.Please note the following message from Christie Oh on submitting Assignment 1:
- Deadline: Monday, February 5, 2018 by 11:59 p.m.
- Submit by uploading on Blackboard
- Citation Style: Please use APA style
- If you find you are having issues with Blackboard on Feb. 5th, please submit your case assignment via email: email@example.com
Christie Oh would be holding TA office hours on Wednesday, Jan 24, 3 - 4pm, in BL629.
Course TA is Christie Oh, who may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chun Wei's office hours this term are Wednesdays, 3 - 4pm, BL628.
Accessibility Services is calling for volunteer note-takers.
Please check this site regularly for important course-related announcements.
- Students may also download slides as PDF files here.
Sign in as "student." Password is the answer to the question "Who was the founder of the human relations movement in management theory?" (First and last name, no space.) We spend some time discussing his work in the first class.
HyperSlides (designed by FIS graduate student)
Quizzes and stuff ...
- Try the new self-assessment quizzes on the History of Management, and Planning, Goals and Objectives.
- Find out your individual preferred conflict handling style: Try this self-assessment instrument.
Here's a tree-diagram showing how the topics presented in the course are related to one another. These major aspects of the organization need to be managed purposefully if the organization is to be effective.