INF 1230 Case Assignment Notes
Case Assignment - Some Important Notes from the TA
1) For those adapting case studies from a published source, please include it as an item before beginning Part A.
State the following in your work:
This case study is adapted from: [include full citation of your source in APA format here.]
NOTE: Since there aren't any page numbers associated with the case examples on the textbook website (student resources section), you must include: the title of the case example AND the URL.
2) Citation and referencing when adapting a case study from a published source:
- When you include the line and citation as discussed in Point 1 above, your case will be read with the understanding that it was drawn largely or in part, from a specific source.
- Please paraphrase as much as possible.
- If you find that you need to include direct quotes from the original source, please be sure to cite it appropriately.
3) If you are adapting a case study from your personal experience or from experiences your friends and family have shared with you, please be careful to protect the identities of the people involved and the organization in question. Please anonymize as needed to provide this protection.